PLEASE READ THIS POSTING!!!!

Fri Mar 9 20:03:59 2001

To all members, this is Regina and I just had a very disturbing telephone conversation with Dr.Redan. Apparently he just returned from Mexico and heard about my "OPINION" and wasn't happy. He called me this evening at about 9:10p.m. He said he spoke with his "legal counsel" and basically threatened me if I didn't clarify myself I would be accused of "SLANDER". Then, get this, he wants me to "apologize" to Sue. Some (actually a lot) of you warned me about retaliation, but I am actually shocked that a doctor would actually call me at my home and harass me. He and his "legal counsel" want me to clarify and make my position of my "OPINION" perfectly clear and protect my career (which he basically implied could be at risk if I didn't) My posting was an opinion meant to "pass along" my personal experience with a very good practice which was unattainable to me. It was to the members of this posting board, those of us who are suffering. I will never apologize for my "opinion" and it certainly wasn't meant to get any one else upset--specifically "his" patients (which I was advised strongly to clarify). Please take it as only one persons "opinion" which was mine, and no one else's. If you read any of my subsequent postings you know I only wish the best for everyone and I truly was hoping that R&R could help me also. I am entitled to my "opinion" and I stick by it. I hope this teaches all of us to make informed decisions. I APPRECIATE ALL OF THE SUPPORTIVE EMAILS I HAVE RECEIVED. It is not only my "opinion" that is out there. I am truly sorry to any patients which were unnecessarily upset and disturbed by my "opinion." Beware of ever trying to help folks, you too could receive a shocking and extremely upsetting telephone call too. I thought this was a free country, but Thanks to "legal counsel" it sadly isn't. If I can't afford the prepayment I certainly cannot afford a slander suit huh? Threatening a suffering and desperate patient--this is real compassion?!? I am still in shock and I am now in tremendous pain from crying writing this letter. I wish I could have recorded the conversation. I wish you all well. Again, this was only my opinion and was never meant to upset anyone. Best to all-stay strong and stand up for yourselves and your rights! Regina T.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: