Re: FAO ROBYNE

Sat Mar 10 10:46:11 2001

Hi robyne thought i would reply to your email. Imyself ended up with a colostomy 5yrs ago NOT due to a stretching of the colon but having my ovaries removed, the surgeon accidently cut my bowel and bladder. I know the thought of a colostomy frightens people, but in MY OWN experience I managed to cope with it(well I had to ) it was coming to terms with what had happened and my own opinion of what others must have been thinking about me. 7 months later i had it reversed and although it was excruciatingly painful at the time of the reversal, I didnt have half as many problems as i do now.

Somtimes I regret making the decision to have my bowel re-sectioned again, at least then I could live life fuller than I can now.

As so many people have already stated things CAN go wrong unfortunately, but I had to make the best of what I had.If it meant me having a better quality of life than I do now then I would opt for another colostomy.I even asked my surgeon if he would consider me having another one, needless to say his reply was unless there is a clinical obstruction then no. I did actually suffer from peritonitis and its not a very pleasant experience to go through, I know I went through the tunnel to God, but fortunately my time was not up.

Please dont think i'm being negative, but people must hear what its like to end up having peritonitis or a colostomy.

I guess I was just very unfortunate

hope this helps alittle

regards jackie B England

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: