Re: gina

Sat Mar 10 10:43:37 2001

I am so sorry about your disturbing call. What a shocker, I am speechless. My thoughts are with you.

--
Karen

At Sat, 10 Mar 2001, karen wrote: > >Hi Regina, > >I agree with Jenny, please don't loose your compassion towards patients. >Working for and with doctors for the past 12 years has given me inside >views on how doctors treat their patients. For the most part I have >worked with great doctors. There is, however, a handful who they could >not pay ME to go and see THEM for one reason or another! > >I am just stating an opinion here from what I've experienced, insurance >companies have made life hell for doctors over the last few years. They >need specific diagnoses and procedure codes for everything they do....or >they do not get paid. They need pre-approval before doing any type of >testing or invasive surgery...I think that the doctors should be able to >be the judge of what type of testing and treatments we need, not someone >sitting at a phone all day, of whom we have never met, deciding our >fate. They are also allowed a certain amount of time for surgeries and >if they go over it for trying to fix the problems, then they don't get >paid for it! For these reasons, and many more complicated red tape >reasons, I think doctors become aggravated and angry because all they >are trying to do is treat their patients and the insurance companies >always get in the way. Many wide eyed doctors just coming into these >situations are not anticipating this and this leads to a rude awakening. >Thus other payment methods are put into place, like the prepayments. > >Regina, you didn't say what type of doctor you were going to become or >what year you are in? If you did, I missed it. Have you ever thought of >specializing in adhesion patients? What an oppurtunity that would be. >Many of us can only spread the word through typing on this message board >or word of mouth. YOU have the resources along with your personal >experiences to help you help other ARD patients, whether it be through >surgery or searching for a "cure" or "treatment". Your personal >experiences, no matter what you decide to do, will help you keep your >compassion towards your patients. That is one thing you can never >loose. > >Good luck in your career. I'm sure you will be one of the best in >whatever you choose. > >-- >Karen >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: