Re: impacted colon

Sat Mar 3 13:46:08 2001

Toni, When I went to the e.r. of the hospital where I had the TAH done, the e.r. Dr. showed me my xrays. He said there was a clump of stool in the lower colon. He gave me 30 cc of milk of mag, a Fleets enema, which never do work for me, and a Dulcolax suppository. I didn't get much reults. I tried to tell the ob/gyn who did my surgery that I'm having more troubles moving my bowels, but it's like I've been written off. I saw her yesterday, and I told her I feel the adhesions are back, because of the steady pain, pressure, and the fact I can't eat much. It feels as if nothing wants to pass thru. She said it could be adhesions, but she didn't think so. I told her I'm worse after over a month, instead of improving. She told me I look much betr since the surgery. I told her looks are deceiving, and 'm worse since the surgery. I asked her if she could order tests like the barium test, or a CAT scan to see if anything is bocking off. She didn't want to be bothered, I guess. I was told they did all the tests before. I told her yes, but that was months before the TAH. I might as well have talked to the wall. I have no urge to go since the surgery. I told her the last decent bm I had was on Fe.3. I told her the bm I had last Thursday was little more than pencil thin. I guess the damage is done, so I'm writen off.What did they tell you to take for the impacted colon? Did they see that on a regular plain film xray? Millie

>----- Original Message -----
From: "toni welsh" <twelsh1@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 3:16 PM Subject: impacted colon

> has anyone been told their colon is impacted? my gi dr said that is what
> has been causing my diarreha. it has been an awful week!
>
> toni
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: