reoccuring small bowel obstructions

Thu Feb 22 13:22:26 2001

I spent 3 days in the hospital last month with a smo. I have been having 'attacks' for the past 2 1/2 years. I thought it was really bad gas and endured the pain. I went to the emergency room one other time, and should of gone at least 2 more times. I had hernia surgery 2 1/2 years ago, a gastric bypass 4 years ago, a hysterectomy 15 years ago. I know I have adhesions. When I turn over at night, I feel this one spot catch and the pain will wake me up. I had a barium exam last week - also missed 3 days of work from the runs. Have an appt on Monday the 26th with my dr to discuss barium results. I have changed my eating habits since being in the hospital. I would really like to avoid surgery again. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Besides the pain issue, what are the impact of these recoccuring smo's? I have had about 15 of them. 4 I would call major, the rest I endure. I wish I found this forum last week, maybe someone could of helped with the diarrhea last week. I laughed reading about drinking the fleet stuff. I thought I was going to puke all over my cube at work. Sheila

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: