My son!!!

Sun Feb 18 19:17:25 2001

My son has been having pain for the last 11 months and has been in and out of the hospital with every test that can be run. He is 11 yrs old and 11 months ago was the most active kid in the world. He is world champion in martial arts and a first degree blackbelt. He plays base- ball in the summer and basketball in the winter. He wants to be able to play soccer and football too........but as he is now.......he cannot do anything but lay on the couch most of the time and scream in pain. We have been to the best children's hospital in Houston and at first they thought he had appendisitis and did a lapros surgery and found an adhesion and took out his appendix even though they were fine. He was pain free for about a month and a half after his surgery....the doctor said that the adhesion was really nothing to worry about. His pain came back and we returned to the doctors and they ran more tests ...ct scan,x-rays,u name it they ran it. The surgeons scratched their heads....sent us to a GI doctor...and he never did anything but give him laxitives because he was constipated. The GI doctor scratched his head and sent us to a sports med doctor and he scratched his head. Then they told us they did not know and sent us home saying it was all in his head! He cries ...saying it feels like something is ripping and tearing inside his side and his right side where your appendix is suppose to be is so tender he can't bend over , he is bloated, he has gained about 60 pounds, he can't run and play like the other kids and he hates it! If he tries to play or work out in karate......he suffers for 2 to 3 days nonstop. I found a doctor that is an internal doc and he says it is adhesions and has been treating him with Vioxx and Prednisone......but it is not working. He sent us to a surgeon a few days ago and he told us he would not touch it! HELPPPPP I am at my wits end with this.......I want my baby to feel better and be able to be a normal child again!!! I need the name of some surgeons in the Houston,Texas area that does this kinda surgery and is good, I want someone that knows what they are doing!If anyone can help me ....please email me! Thank you.......A very desperate mom!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: