Re: ADHESIONS AND NAUSIA

Sun Feb 11 10:57:07 2001

On 11 Feb 2001, at 5:59, Norma wrote:

> Kate I have been reading the message board with interest your's especially helped. I am writing about my son who has had adhesions for 8yrs now. He had an op when he was 6 and did not suffer any then it started when he was 11 and started growing. He suffers severe pain vomiting and bowel
probs. He has been out and in hospital several times I was interested in the PCA machine you spoke of. We are in Scotland is it available here? I AM SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR PROBS ARE YOU WELL NOW?

I don't know if the PCA is available in Scotland, but I would certainly ask the doctors. It makes a huge difference during recovery from surgery. The other possibility is to use an epidural which just about eliminates post surgical pain.

I am reasonably well today. I have much less pain than this spring and summer when it was very bad. I get pain if I eat certain foods that have difficulty passing through the narrowed parts of my small intestine, particularly meat, uncooked vegetables, apples.

I am able to eat small servings of chicken, mashed veggies, and an occasional small salad.

I feel so badly for your son. It's hard to be a sick kid and not be able to eat what the rest of the kids like. As a teenager I had a lot of bowel problems, cramping and diarrhea that I think were due to irritable bowel syndrome. Any stress would bring on unbearable pain. That got better in my adult years.

My problems now are due to surgical adhesions.

Love to you and your son,

Kate

--
Kate Murphy
katemm@mindspring.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: