Thankful to IAS

Sat Feb 3 00:48:18 2001

My name is Bonnie. After years of suffering and feeling so alone in this pain, I have found wonderful support through this website. I just found the site about two months ago. I have corresponded with names on the quilt and found the most wonderful people in the world. Through the help of Dr. Wiseman, I was able to find the doctors in my area that use barriers and have expertise with the harmonic scalpel. I was also able to find a great friend, Kathy Lacy, who's title I only know as "girlfriend". But she is an EXPERT girlfriend! I thought (by my own assumption) she was leading this big local support group in Houston, but found her support extends mostly to those across the net and it seems we two are the "local" support group! Actually, Kat could do it all by herself as she is a one-woman-band. She counseled me on the phone for weeks, drove me to my appt. with Dr. Garza, met me in the surgery center, then put me up like a puppy in a room at her house, insisting constantly that I "stay" and "lay down". That was no puppy chow she fed me though. Now I am home and feeling better every day. And one thing that I have now, that I didn't have through my other surgeries, is company and support. I have the company of each and every person that travels through this web-site and I have at least one local person that understands my daily trials completely. I know that together we can beat this and that's more than I ever had before. Let's see if the healing process takes a different turn this time. I believe it will.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: