Re: medical malpractice...is it worth fighting for?

Fri Feb 2 19:41:48 2001

Dear Kate,

Thank you for your response. I had a very bad pain day yesterday and had to take leave of my job. I felt all out of sorts when I posted my message yesterday...quite emotional and desperate. my employer is a friend, and worried that I am only 32...concerned for my financial security and future. I was afraid after my conversation with her, however, feel quite differently today and not so desperate(it is nice to have some relief from pain due to my patch today).

I do however want to explain better. During my colonoscopy the 4cm polyp I referred to(located in my transverse colon) was biopsied , another was removed from my cecum(also benign) during this procedure.

I think it is quite radical that the surgeon made a 9 inch vertical incision to remove a 4cm polyp, not to mention the excessive removal of 18 inches of otherwise healthy colon!

If I would have known then what I know now about adhesions...I would have said no way!

I had 1 colonoscopy a few months after my surgery, and another year later, thankfully no new polyps, the doc recommends one every 3 years now.

I am glad to have this place to vent, and for everyone's support and experience...I would be lost still without all of you, you are such wonderful friends to have!

Love,

Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: