Question for Dr. Gerhart.....

Mon Jan 29 08:45:33 2001

Hello, I am relatively new to this forum and am finding it fascinating. I have a history of ovarian cysts on the left ovary. In April of 2000, I had a laparoscopy done which found that the ovary and tube were adhered to the bowel and also endometriosis was found. The adhesions were lysed, endo cut out, and I was place on Lupron. This did not help the pain. My pain is worse now and getting worse by the day. Seeing a new gyn on Wednesday. I get severe pain in the left lower quadrant and groin area radiating into my thigh and labia. My question is this...if the adhesions and/or cysts have returned how would this cause the pain into the thigh and the labia? It is getting to the point where any movement at all is causing severe pain. I also have the problem with constipation and then diarrhea. Can you offer any suggestions as to dealing with a new gyn doctor without sounding totally neurotic? Also have been seeing a general surgeon who wants to r/o hernia when the gyn possibly does a repeat lap. Has any of this type of pain been confused with a hernia? I have no lump or bulging. I have been being tossed from dr. to dr. for over a year and I still have pain that is getting worse than when I first presented. Sorry this was so long. I appreciate you listening.

--
Karen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: