Re: Still Afraid To eat !

Tue Jan 23 19:29:54 2001

Thanks for that tidbit. I have the Braun hand blender also. You might have guessed, I do the cooking. Richard

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Kate Murphy Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 7:51 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Still Afraid To eat !

On 22 Jan 2001, at 18:41, Richard Hagen wrote:

> No fiber. It makes things worse. Take supplements and drink lots of water
> and healthy fruit juices, drinks, liquid food. Blend it if you have to.
Buy > a juicer and try that. Just liquify your food until the small portions get
> easier to eat. Try the health food store and check out the weight
> lifters/gainers formulas. Try something. How about soy milk, goat milk,
rice > milk.

I have a hand blender that works very easily -- faster and easier to clean that a blender.

Be sure that you don't use raw eggs in anything you blend. There is a very real danger from salmonella from them.

Mashed potatoes are easy to eat, and I really like mashed sweet potatoes. I make my own applesauce by cooking chopped apples with some brown sugar and butter in the microwave and blending it with my handblender. This has the flavor of baked apples.

I have moved away from the "no fiber" diet and toward a "no pieces that can block the bowel". I actually want enough fiber to form a bulky stool. You must drink lots of water if you are adding more fiber.

Kate Kate Murphy katemm@mindspring.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: