Re: Still Afraid To eat !

Mon Jan 22 17:36:08 2001

Ensure is probably OK but expensive. I ordered ENFood from Canada for my wife. But it has tryptophan in it. Legal in Canada but can't be sold here. I had no problems it tasted good but was expensive at $90.00 for two week supply. She didn't stay with it and ended up eating very small portions until she had surgery or the patial onbstruction lessened. Sometimes a month.

No fiber. It makes things worse. Take supplements and drink lots of water and healthy fruit juices, drinks, liquid food. Blend it if you have to. Buy a juicer and try that. Just liquify your food until the small portions get easier to eat. Try the health food store and check out the weight lifters/gainers formulas. Try something. How about soy milk, goat milk, rice milk.

Calm down, relax and take it one step at a time. Many have suffered for years. That doesn't mean you have to but most of the time it is pain and not a medical emergency, even though the pain really feels like a medical emergency. I have been in the ER with my wife maybe 30 times.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of brokenwing Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 4:42 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Still Afraid To eat !

It has been 6 days since I have eaten, I am scared I will get constipated again. First the Dr.s tell me to eat lots of fiber. Then when I went to the hospital they said to stop. I got some Ensure that is lactose free and extra protein. But I just don't know what kinda of foods I should try. It seems like I just can't digest anything, and it feels like it just sits there. I have not been able to eat dairy products, or eat fresh vegs,or any protein. I have lost 100 pounds over the last year and a half and I am really scared to lose anymore weight! I can actually feel my bowels move in my lower abdomen when I go and it hurts so bad. The pain is so deep down like something is constantly tearing me from the inside.Please can anyone help me with some kind of nutritional or diet advice.I am getting really tired physically and emotionally.This is really taking it's toll on my husband to, we where fighting this morning because I am scared to eat and we just don't know what I should even try. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!!!!

--
brokenwing

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: