Re: gallbladder removal

Mon Jan 22 06:20:56 2001

Its my guess, it can. Is it? I don't know. The shrink idea is SOP with doctors who can't help. It also acknowledges that the mind does play a part in the pain. The mind or body is telling you, "you have pain", and it is not normal. Many people have had "all the tests" and they have found nothing. Later one thing or another is found by obscure tests, knowledge of the doctor, or a happen chance.

1.)You know you had surgery. 2.) You did have pain initially, subsided, came back. (adhesion similarities) 3.) They can't find anything. (adhesions don't show) 4.) You are otherwise healthy and not bedridden.

Have an ultrasound in 6 months. Keep a diary. Tell the doctor you think its adhesions from the surgery. Tell him thats it and tell him to get busy finding a workable solution. If it isn't you will at least get to the bottom of it sooner or later. If you give up it may be something else more unusual or serious. If you give up you won't know until maybe its too late.

If its adhesions, its a quality of life issue. Congratulations on your physical abilities. Sometimes exercise makes the adhesions feel worse.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of David Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2001 11:00 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: gallbladder removal

In 1994 I had laparoscopic surgery to remove a bad gallbladder. Unfortunately the pain has not subsided but over the years has gotten worse. My doctor(s) have performed every teast available, e.g. ultrasound CT (several), liver biopsy, cameras down the throat, cameras up the rear, ect., ect., ect. Nothing was ever found except a little fat on the liver. No inflammation of the liver, none of the pancreas. Nothing. ERCP to check the biles ducts. Nothing. My doctor said that (we) have exausted all tests and good luck. The other gastro doc said I should go see a shrink. I have no other symptoms besides pain. I am an ultra distance runner who is fifty years, runs fifty mile(!) races who feels great but at times I have this pain that I really don't give a shit. Can gallbladder removal cause this type of adhesion problem? Can this adhesion problem cause this much pain?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: