Re: scarey nights

Mon Jan 22 06:03:26 2001

There was a time when I had a lot of anxiety about personal matters. I took Buspar and it helped. Low doses of ativan are good too. I took ambien for a short time to sleep. Ambien conked me out so fast and so effectively it was almost dangerous for me. I tried Paxil but found side effects and little help. Nortriptilene worked for awhile but I didn't feel like there were any highs or lows to my life. Just one long day.

What works for me now is exercise, not too much caffiene before bed, little drinking(1 glass of wine with dinner) and for the worst times I take valerian(herb). No more Buspar or Ambien. I have highs and lows, happy and sad, fun and boring. Free or compulsive. That is living.

I take St. John's Wort and several other herbs and I generally feel good and sleep 6-7 hours a night. I used to load up on vitamins and found they did not have the desired effect.

I read alot to find the stuff that has(d) as little side effects and didn't change my personality or cause severe drowsiness during work. I have to be alert at work. I do drink caffinated coffee but buy a lower acid blend, mostly Gevalia.

Yes, I am a guy, a husband and a supporter, a father of three(2 grown), second marriage.

Andrew Weils book on "Spontaneous Healing" was very good. It parrelled my personal experiences with known alternative medicine techniques and my families history of self-healing.

But you must find the path that works for you to have joy in life. -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Janet Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2001 7:56 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: scarey nights

Robin, a question about the buspar...I have been taking 1-2mg of Ativan(tranquilizer) to help me sleep, and only use it at bedtime...does the Buspar enable you to get a good night's sleep as well as help with panic attacks?

Thanks you all for your help.

Janet

--
Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: