Re: Questions about adhesion surgeries.

Thu Jan 11 18:05:44 2001

Hi there,

I understand where you are coming from. I also had a laproscopy with a menstral ablation in May of last year. My periods did not slow down enough. I asked for the hysterectomy, please be aware yes adhesions..definitely will form if you have a previous history of them. Everyone is different. But I had my hysterectomy last October and am not pain free yet. 5 doctors later and they have finally all agreed that it is adhesions and nerve entrapment at the incision sight. Their recommendation is "pain management" and or last resort more surgery to remove or cut them down as one other person on our mail list has stated. I am now in contact with the R&R Clinic in Pittsburgh PA. Dr's Reich(pronounced rich) and Redan. In addition I am going ahead with the pain management consultation tommorrow to see what they have to offer. But was lucky enough to find a physical therapist with a local hospital in Orlando that specializes in myofascial(?) therapy to break up scar tissue and put me on a program of certain exercises to help. I will update later to let everyone know how this is helping. After reading everyones experience with surgery to remove adhesions I want this as a last resort. P.S the reason they say my abalation didnt work is that I had a condition called adenomysis (check out my.webmd.com)

> [Original Message]
> From: <anonymous@medispecialty.com (anonymous)>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net>
> Date: 1/11/01 9:32:53 AM
> Subject: Questions about adhesion surgeries.
>
> Hi, I am a 26 year old female who has over the course of 8 years had 6
> diffrent surgeries on my reproductive system (2 c-sections, tubal, 2 to
> remove adhesions and 1 to remove ovarian cyst). Now, my pain is
> definately back! I also suffer from excessive menstral bleeding and have
> had endrometrial abalasion for that, which by the way didn't work for
> me. My dr. is now wanting to do another hysterscopy/D&C to see if that
> helps any with the pain. I don't think that it really will, considering
> the most of my pain is from the right side of body (where ovarian cyst
> was removed). She said the only other remedy could be hysterctomy,
> which I believe will also cause more adhesions to form. Does anyone
> know where I can go from here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>

--- Sheri Brown --- sheribrown@earthlink.net

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: