Re: just a quick question

Wed Jan 10 14:51:49 2001

Dear Linda, Every surgery causes adhesions! When our body heals, adhesions are the way our body responds to trauma, etc. Adhesions begin forming within minutes following a surgical procedure -- and continue forming up to 7 days ( a time determined by researchers )

Endometriosis causes implants. These implants bleed ( internally ) at the same time as a woman has her period. Since there is no way for the blood to exit the abdominal cavity, this blood causes adhesions to form. Unless you have had excision surgery for endometriosis, endometriosis is still there.

Excision surgery is the best way for the surgeon to "try" to help his patient be free of endomentriosis. I say "try" because endometriosis is just as difficult as adhesions to be free of. Both are currently considered to be incurable diseases/disorders.

At Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Linda wrote:

Hi everyone, I found out today that all the tests I have had in the last two weeks are negative. The doc concluded I must have adhesions. I have had two abdominal surgeries in the last 13 years. I am grateful that I don't have anything life threatening wrong with me, but this pain I have is driving me crazy. My only option is surgery to remove them. I don't think I really want surgery again. I'm not a very good patient. I have a hospital phobia, which is really funny considering I am an RN.:) I have some doubts about the adhesion theory though and thought I would ask some experts, (all of you), what they feel like. My pain is on the right side, right inside the hip bone, and radiates to my back and sometimes my thigh. It started out just hurting when I laid on my right ide, but now it hurts most of the time. I take Aleve for the pain hich keeps it under control..thank goodness. The pain is kind of deep nd very unusual. I have never had this kind of discomfort before. I ave endo and a cyst on the left ovary, this pain is completely ifferent from that. Does this sound like it could be adhesion pain? Thanks for any responses.

Linda

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: