Re: need encouragement

Thu Dec 28 18:50:44 2000

Hi Chris:

I have an idea of what you are going through. I had an infected incision 3 years ago from ruptured appendix. It took 3 months to heal. Visiting nurses, multiple doctor visits, time off work, and got very depressing. Just try to stay positive. I know that sounds easy, but if you feel you need to talk to someone, don't be afraid to tell your doctor that you are having a problem. I you need antidepressents, don't feel embarassed to ask. It is a normal thing to have depression when going through such a difficult illness and recovery. It is important to try everything to keep yourself from getting too depressed. I did recover and then just this July had another surgery with another infection. Not as bad this time but still upsetting. I am now on the road to recovery after a surgery in November done laparoscopically--no problems healing since I avoided an large open wound.

Please try to feel better. I was told to be sure to take vitamins and try to eat protein to help the healing process. I also saw an infectious disease doctor who managed my antibiotics and checked my incision. See if you can have visiting nurses so that you don't have to go out so often. It takes a lot out of you.

Please keep writing to the group and let us know how you are feeling.

Take care,

--
kathy l.

At Thu, 28 Dec 2000, chris wrote: > >Hello Everyone, I had surgery on the Dec8, and everything went pretty >well, on Dec20 I suffer a major set back, my incision got infected and >it had to be all reopened and was put back in the hospital for 3 days,I >am in alot of pain around the incision, and I have to see the doctor >every other day for a check up. I am so mad that I have to go though >this again, and just do not want to deal with this, I am tired, I am a >positive person but this has got me down. Thanks for listening......

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: