pinched nerve?

Tue Dec 19 19:37:16 2000

Hi, I'm new to this message board and would like anybody's input to my situation. I had a laproscopy done 1 year ago to remove adhesions from my c-section. Unfortunately, the surgery left me with what the doctor thinks might be scar tissue entraping a nerve. I've had some success with cold laser treatments but the pain doesn't really stay away. My pain clinic doctor give me a cortizone shot but that didn't help at all. I have to periodically take vicodin but that's not the best option long term either. Now my ob/gyn wants to do a laproscopy again to see if there are more adhesions causing the pain. But if I do this, won't I just create more adhesions again? And then I might be even worse off! The pain is unlike any of the numerous sprains and strains I've had in the past from sports, very sharp and very unpredictable. Its hard to work this way, and as for my formerly active life style, forget it, I'm afraid to do anything that might trigger the pain. However, sometimes the pain wakes me up at night, and I can't quite figure out how to do without sleep yet! Sorry this is so long, but I was thrilled when I stumbled on this web site with the message board - I was feeling so depressed and alone. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: