Re: Appreciation from the, 'Freedom Express'

Wed Nov 29 11:13:52 2000

I am keeping all of the Germany travelers and Scranton travelers in my thoughts and prayers, especially Mary. I am so sorry to hear that she is having a difficult time right now. I hope our support will make the road a little easier.

On a lighter note, congratulations to you and your family on the new addition. I love his name.

Take care,

--
Kathy L.

At Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Beverly J. Doucette wrote: > >I would like to express heartfelt appreciation for all the support, >assistance and all around efforts to rally behind those of us who >traveled to Germany last month! > >Words alone cannot express how we felt each and everytime we received >words of support from back home! We knew that so many thoughts and >prayers were with us at every moment..and that is why we always felt >surrounded by love, security and peace as well as encouragement..as it >is within each of those things that time and space has no bounderies! > >Thank-you to Pam & Bob Markford, Richard Hagen and Chrissy as well as to >all who so diligently kept pace with reaching out to anyone needing >support, words of encouragement and any other type of assistance needed >right here on the International Adhesion Society board! > >Thank you for passing information about our experiences and surgical >updates along to our family here on the IAS board, and for keeping us in >the front burners of everyones thoughts, not that I think it was needed, >as you all sure did think about all of us A LOT! really impressive to me >to read back through here and see all your kind thoughts, your concerns, >your prayers, your love, your interest..wow..your really some fantastic, >well, ..cyber family!! > >May you all find what you gave to all of us, returned many fold to >yourselves! :-) > >All those who had surgery are in the recovery stages to varying degress, >but I am sure once they feel up to communicating they will share all >with the IAS family! >LOTS of GREAT news to share, lots of ARD educational things learned, >lots of ARD discoveries made, success stories to be told, and at times >saddness does filter in as it would with a disease of this caliber! It >is imparative that we hear all aspects of recovery, progressive or not >and that is why the whole stories must be shared. >If we are to learn how to handle the challenges ARD gives us, then we >must be willing to hear the things that make us happy as well as things >we may not want to hear, things that may NOT make us happy! >Not hearing them doesn't make them any less real...but we will overcome >and deal with whatever is thrown our way, as that has become our way of >dealing with ARD..to overcome adversity, to charge ahead...to make the >things we don't like...DIFFERent for the next one if we at all can >change it!! Right!! > >Challenges still exist for all those who went to Germany as a patient, >BUT lots more HOPE and HELP for the life & future each went over to >claim back for themselves with Dr. Korell has happened, no one is worse >then before they went and most are so much better for the experience and >surgeries!!... > >As you are all probabaly aware, Mary Pomroy has had a serious setback >since returning to Canada! Mary developed a cust in her abdoman and is >currently on Iv therepy treatment for that problem. I am unable to >determine at this time if this will create a major setback for her yet >as I am not sure of the location of the cyst. PLEASE keep Mary in your >thoughts at this time! > >I will allow Helen Dynda, Anne Hyashi, Laura Newman and Robin Massengill >share their own stories and recoveries once they are up to doing that. I >know where each one stands, but it is for them to share and time for me >to take a step back now and enjoy some family time...Please be patient >with these ladies as they all had very serious surgeies and need a >little time to gain strength and adjust to where they are now in their >own lives and health! Thank-you all again! > >I will be assisting Helen in updating all the information on the posting >that entails " everything you have ever wanted to know about going to >Germany for surgery with Dr. Korell" and it will be at your fingertips >with a click of a mouse very soon! > >You ALL have proved that this society can be a very effective tool in >reaching out to ARD sufferers no matter who it is posting >responses....your all as good as it gets here..and it has been >perfection in my book! > >My Christmas wish this year is that Dr. Reich, Dr. Redan and Dr. >Korell will follow through with the communications that will allow for >everyone who suffer's with ARD to be able to elect to have a second look >surgery no matter where in the world they elect to have surgery! >I believe in this procedure so much and the procedure in and of itself >is NOT distructive enough to create adhesions, but it IS enough to offer >insight into how effective the first surgery was, might allow for easier >takedown of reformed adhesions, and it sure will offer a LOT of peace of >mind to those who have it done! And done with the most skilled surgeons >in the world..as we have here, how could it lose at all!! > >I know great things are still to come for all of us who live with this >disease..and even though today finds me better then ever after 17 months >post adhesiolysis with Dr. Reich, what would an emergency surgery bring >me if it were invasive? I too will always be an adhesion former..so I >too have hopes and dreams..and wish's for a long happy healthy >future...may GOD guide these fine surgeons, and may he continue to add >to that list of skilled compassionate surgeons as Dr. Reich and Dr. >Wiseman keep their promise to us..a promise to fight to open doors that >will allow ARD suffers a real chance to get as well as one can get...a >promis they have kept...a proimise they will continue to keep... > >One last posting here if you don't mind.. >Again while in Germany I became a Grandmother for the second time! >Another Grandson, Dominic Doucette " 8# 21"...( From second son & >daughter - in - law ) >I am not sure what makes me more tired when I make these trips, the long >flight home or knowing I am a new grandma again:-) What a bonus to a >wonderful life already enjoyed by me.... > >I wish all of you here and all whom I have personally communicated with >Blessed Holiday's, Blessed futures and only GREAT things to come in your >heath..never, never give up, NEVER! >I will sign off now and bid you all a good bye! >I will hold everyone close within my heart forever! >In peace and friendship > Beverly Doucette 11/28/2000

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: