Re: Chronic pelvic pain

Fri Nov 24 17:06:05 2000

Hi, Donna:

My name is Mandy and I've got a terrific doctor that has listened to me and operated on me for adhesions over the past 16 years (26 surgeries and counting!). Unfortunately for me, "when necessary" has escalated to having a laparoscopy or laparotomy every 3 months to keep the adhesions from strangling my small bowel. I was feeling pretty depressed about it all before I joined this group, but after reading so many emails from so many distraught and desperate people, I actually consider myself lucky that my doctor listens to me and takes action when appropriate. I must also add that he does not operate unless and until I have an intestinal blockage from the adhesions, and he is constantly searching and researching new products and techniques to alleviate my pain and suffering, without surgical intervention, if possible. I just had surgery last Friday, and he's already working with a surgical gastroenterologist (sp?) to try something new and different when another surgery proves to be necessary.

I don't know where you live, but my doctor is in Dallas. I know he normally doesn't take on new patients, but with "special cases" like us, he is always ready to listen and to help those who need it. If the Dallas area is out of the question for you, I will be more than happy to contact him and get a referral for someone in your area that isn't afraid of the challenge!

Let me know if you want his name/number, and just remember - you're not alone !!

-Mandy mspencer@flash.net

-----Original Message----- From: Donna <nht44@37.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 8:10 PM Subject: Chronic pelvic pain

>I am having major problems finding a Dr. that will listen to me. I
>have had 9 surjuries for ovarian cysts, ovary removal, caesarian, and
>finally a hysterectomy. In August I started developing a constant
>severe pain, CAT revealed nothing definately however one Dr. said it
>appeared my bladder & bowel were out of place. Primary physician
>believes this pain is caused by adhesions however I am having a time
>getting a surgeon or gyn. to do anything except refer me to a pain
>management clinic. I can't continue taking the pain med. indefinately.
>(I don't think) Primary Dr. is reluctant to refill prescriptions. Pain
>is unbearable at times and barely manageable with pain med at other
>times. No one seems to want to help or even determine definately what
>is causing the pain!! I am desperate and feel foolish constantly being
>referred from one Dr. to another. I feel as though I am losing my
>sanity over this problem. What am I missing here? Have been to major
>hospital gyn and surgical clinics and have gotten nowhere to date. Is
>there not relief for this problem?
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: