Re: Another Great Update from Germany

Thu Nov 16 16:42:57 2000

So glad to hear that all is going well in Germany. I wonder what the weather is over there? We have tons of snow in PA. I'll keep Robin in my prayers for her upcoming surgery.

--
kathy l.

At Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Bob wrote: > >Hello All, >We have received another update from Bev in Germany. I will post it as >we received it. So far all looks good!!! >Here it is: > >Laura Newman has had her second look surgery today and 2/3 of her >previous >adhesions did NOT reform. She did have the remainder reform but they >were not so >severe as before and Dr. Korell lysed them without much tissue trauma >and used >Intergel berrier this time! She is expected to have at the very least >90% >reduction in her adhesion's after these two surgeries! Please keep in >mind that >Laura did not use the Prednisone prior to any of her surgeries due to >her having >to heal from a bad burn incurred by a hot water bottle three weeks >before her >trip over here! > >I am pretty much convinced that the difference's seen in the other three >surgeries where a direct result of the Prednisone use prior to the >surgeries of >Anne, Helen & Mary!! This is my opinion, and I would be surprised if >Robin did >not experience the same success rate as the three who used the >Prednisone as she >to is on it at this time! We will be with Robin through her first >surgery, BUT >we will be waiting on her results from her second look no different then >you are >waiting on news from us...as we will be leaving Robin here in the very >capable >hands of Dr. Korell, Elke Chadwick ( Thanks to Lynn & Jim Brown of >Ireland for >snagging her for us!!!! Cyberhugs to you two!! ) and of course the >wonderful, >caring staff of this " Krankenhäus " > >Paul Lewis is leaving his mark on the German culture as he was BEHIND >the food >service counter in the cafeteria teaching the cook how to make scrambled >eggs >with onions and cheese in them!!! A very new food concontion for the >people here >who are not to big into egg dish's..but it went over big and they loved >the >lesson's from Paul!! He is quite the embassador as he is filled with >smiles and >will attempt to speak German to anyone who will listen to him!! Paul is >simply a >doll to be around! > >Helen, Anne and Mary continue to recuperate and are up and about quite >well, we >are preparing our trip to Belgium this weekend to visit Sylvie of >Belgium and >Marc of the Netherlands will also join us on that trip! We are scheduled >to >visit a castle, take a boat trip down the canals in Begium as well as >sightseeing all arranged by our IAS hostess, Sylvie! > >I am very pleased with how well things have been set up here in >Düisburg, >Germany for recieving IAS members who are looking to have surgery with >Dr. >Korell! I have not one fear that they will not be taken care >of...everything is >in motion for the highest quality of treatment and care while here!! At >no time >should you feel alone or even so much as a foriegner as Elke Chadwick, >Carmen , >Bridgette and Gabby will always be near! > >I will post one last time next Monday with results of Robins surgery as >well as >an update of our trips.. > >you all take care and GOD Bless everyone! > >Cyberhugs for all from all on the: >" IAS Freedom Express!! " > >Love Bev > >Robin Massengill will have her first surgery next Monday at 7am ( >Germany Time ) > >-- >In Friendship, > Bob Markford >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: