Another Great Update from Germany

Thu Nov 16 14:51:41 2000

Hello All, We have received another update from Bev in Germany. I will post it as we received it. So far all looks good!!! Here it is:

Laura Newman has had her second look surgery today and 2/3 of her previous adhesions did NOT reform. She did have the remainder reform but they were not so severe as before and Dr. Korell lysed them without much tissue trauma and used Intergel berrier this time! She is expected to have at the very least 90% reduction in her adhesion's after these two surgeries! Please keep in mind that Laura did not use the Prednisone prior to any of her surgeries due to her having to heal from a bad burn incurred by a hot water bottle three weeks before her trip over here!

I am pretty much convinced that the difference's seen in the other three surgeries where a direct result of the Prednisone use prior to the surgeries of Anne, Helen & Mary!! This is my opinion, and I would be surprised if Robin did not experience the same success rate as the three who used the Prednisone as she to is on it at this time! We will be with Robin through her first surgery, BUT we will be waiting on her results from her second look no different then you are waiting on news from us...as we will be leaving Robin here in the very capable hands of Dr. Korell, Elke Chadwick ( Thanks to Lynn & Jim Brown of Ireland for snagging her for us!!!! Cyberhugs to you two!! ) and of course the wonderful, caring staff of this " Krankenhäus "

Paul Lewis is leaving his mark on the German culture as he was BEHIND the food service counter in the cafeteria teaching the cook how to make scrambled eggs with onions and cheese in them!!! A very new food concontion for the people here who are not to big into egg dish's..but it went over big and they loved the lesson's from Paul!! He is quite the embassador as he is filled with smiles and will attempt to speak German to anyone who will listen to him!! Paul is simply a doll to be around!

Helen, Anne and Mary continue to recuperate and are up and about quite well, we are preparing our trip to Belgium this weekend to visit Sylvie of Belgium and Marc of the Netherlands will also join us on that trip! We are scheduled to visit a castle, take a boat trip down the canals in Begium as well as sightseeing all arranged by our IAS hostess, Sylvie!

I am very pleased with how well things have been set up here in Düisburg, Germany for recieving IAS members who are looking to have surgery with Dr. Korell! I have not one fear that they will not be taken care of...everything is in motion for the highest quality of treatment and care while here!! At no time should you feel alone or even so much as a foriegner as Elke Chadwick, Carmen , Bridgette and Gabby will always be near!

I will post one last time next Monday with results of Robins surgery as well as an update of our trips..

you all take care and GOD Bless everyone!

Cyberhugs for all from all on the: " IAS Freedom Express!! "

Love Bev

Robin Massengill will have her first surgery next Monday at 7am ( Germany Time )

--
In Friendship,
    Bob Markford

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: