NEW HAMPSHIRE PATIENT'S SEEKING PAIN MANAGEMENT

Sun Nov 12 20:57:55 2000

In trying to assist New Hampshire patient's in finding a doctor to take care of those in need of pain medication I contacted the American Society for Action Against Pain (ASAP) and here was the state representative's response.

>From Helen Chalmers to the NH state representative.
<< Subj: RE: PAIN Date: 11/11/00 4:51:51 PM Eastern Standard Time From: Hchalm To: Grinling

Dear Caroline:

I am a chronic pain patient from Baltimore, Maryland, who luckily has found a doctor, Dr. Statkus, in Virginia for the treatment of adhesions. I belong to the International Adhesion Society http://www.adhesions.org and there are two members on the board that are suffering from massive adhesions and are from the State of New Hampshire. They have tried to seek pain management from doctors and pain centers in the New Hampshire area, but are being told that adhesions don't cause pain, see a priest, or take some advil and deal with it.

I would like to assist them in their journey of finding pain management, as I have traveled this path previously and found help through a Maryland State rep., Terry Clayton, and am seeing Dr. Statkus in Virginia.

I don't see a listing for a doctor in the New Hampshire area, therefore, what I am asking, is there one, or would someone have to travel to another state to find help for their chronic pain? If this being the case, what is the closest state one would have to travel to?

Thank you,

Helen Chalmers Baltimore, Maryland >> >>

>From the NH state representative to myself:

<< Dear Helen -- The closest place for the folk in question probably is Boston, although there's one doctor in NH that I'm thinking of trying out. The New Hampshire patients would need to write directly to me, as you did, if they need help from me. They'll also need to fill out the Pain Form from Skip's webpage, but I can tell them about that. Please feel free to give them my e-mail address. Best wishes, Caroline

<A HREF="mailto:Grinling">Grinling</A> Caroline Downing, Co-Moderator ASAP Placement Representative Massachusetts and New England

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: