A Humorous Exchange From Germany !!!!!!

Sat Nov 11 18:30:02 2000

Good Evening All! I received this message from Bev early today. I laughed so hard! We are all so very Happy for them. Please keep yourprayers coming for Robin's fiurst surgery and Mary & Helen's second surgery on Tuesday.

Hello Pam and all

Robin has arrived safetly into our arms and is all smiles! Loving everything and is at this time enjoying tea biquets at Elkes flat at this time. Elke has been a real GOD send for us all, and talk about feeling secure..she is it! A phone call away and our translator when we need it! Anne Hayashi is good too, but Elke is the real thing! This is truely an International event over here for the IAS family..we ARE trying to get photos developed, BUT all the stores close up from 1pm to 3pm and are closed at 7pm and all day Sunday! It isn't as easy getting to and from the shoppes as one might think, bus's are every hour, but if we take off on our own, we are not to sure where to get off to take in our film, but we are getting better at knowing where to shop etc...it is just to get to THAT shop before it closes on you! Not to easy at times!

We are getting a few group shots of all of us and we are simply interchanging the various folks from other countries, but of course Canada and the USA are represented in each photo! Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, USA AND Canada..not to bad for a start huh?! And all ARD sufferers...small world for such a " rare " disease!!

On this trip I only blew up my curling iron, my hair blow dryer, Mary's CD player, BUT, Masa Hyashi blew out ALL the elctricity in MY room! I ended up using a small flashlight the rest of the night until the electricity could be restored in the morning!

Masa has a high degree in electical engineering, and Paul said that he made a much bigger " BLUE " flame when he plugged something into me outlet then I made when I blew Mary's CD palyer out in her room..well, he should have made a bigger spark then me, after all...HE HAS THE DEGREE NOT ME!!!!!

Mary asked me to simply plug in the brand new CD player that she hauled with her all the way from Canada..and while she was unpacking her 36 Cd#s she brought along, her back was to me and Paul, she continued to jabber about how happy she was with her idea of having her music with her and ALL 36 CD's packed safetly away through the whole trip, when all of a sudden, I plugged that player into a converter and " boom " Paul jumped one way and I moved the other way as the flame sparked from the back of the now quit useless CD player...as Mary turned around to ask " WHAT WAS THAT NOISE??" I simply handed her the player as smoke curled up from the back..her mouth was hanging open, chin resting on her chest...and all she kept saying over and over," What about my Cd's"..Dr. Korell did ofer her one for use the rest of the trip!°

All continues to be well on this side of the world! Anne, Helen, Mary and Laura are up and walking around, eating well, sleeping well, some pain, but actually very active for only a few days post op!

We look to next Tuesday for Robins first surgery, Mary & Helen's second look, with Wednesday for Anne and Laura's second look!

Gotta run now as others want to send messages..

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support, it sure does help to know your all there for us!

As they say here, " Cheers ! "

In friendship Bev P.S. No one wants me to help them plug things in now..go figure, huh??!

--
In Friendship, Pam Markford  PJtweetyRN@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: