What now

Sun Nov 5 13:04:15 2000

I had a malignant polyp removed from the colon through surgery in 1989. During my recovery, I suffered excruciating pain and was told nerves were entrapped in the incision. I was given cortisone injections for the pain. About 4 years ago I experienced a change in bowel habits ( constipation and diarreha, unexplained nausea and vomiting that would occur periodically. I have always felt a tightening in the area of the incision. About a year ago, I started experiencing pain and a pulling on the left side of the abdomen and in the groin area. After several visits to several doctors it was suggested that I have a colonoscopy. I underwent this procecure last Friday. Needless to say the procedure was difficult and painful even with the anesthetic. I was diagnosed with intestinal adhesions. Since this condition is new to me, I am in "What happens now?" mode. The gastrologist suggested a CAT scan-the nurse said I should contact a surgeon. I will see my internist next month. Hopefully, he can point me in the right direction. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: