Re: PT

Thu Oct 26 07:19:39 2000

I am sorry if I put out any negative vibes, I am not usually that kind of person. But, I have been there, done that, didnt get a t shirt though. I have tried everything possible to help reduce the pain I have. I have wasted so much money trying anything that might help. I would get my hopes up so high, just to have them smash to the ground over and over and over. I cant tell you how many times I had doors shut in my face with out finding a window that everyone kept telling me about. Each time I thought I would finally get some answers or ease my pain, just to have one more dr tell me he could do nothing, or tell me it was in my head, or I just was looking for drugs & I was an addict, or change my meds, or I would give out money & still be in the same pain. I am usually a up beat happy person. But, several thousand Dollars later, I am still sitting here, in pain. I used to go to the gym too 5 days a week. I walked on the treadmill for 20mins every day & lift weights (2-5lbs) 2x a week until I just had too much pain. my exercising was creating me more pain. I have tried everything, with a possitive approach. So, I can say been there done that, with out feeling like I am being negative, you just cant hear my little chuckle on the message board.

--
Robin

At Thu, 26 Oct 2000, still working out wrote: > >Good Morning, > >As I read the thread about PT I realize why I tend not to come back to >this site as often as I use to. I too have a long history of adhesions >and surgery. After my last surgery (the adhesions were back within a >week)I realized I had to try something else. I have been working out >now 2x a week for 4 months. I still have the adhesion that makes a >partical obstruction on a weekly occurance. >But I am in better shape so if I do need surgery I will recuperate >faster. I also get massage and it has helped. >Adhesions are bands of fibrous tissue (yes I have seen them I worked as >scrub nurse for 6 years) that I believe can be manuplated. I have less >tugging on my incision after massage >I also do lots of stretching which I feel does help. > >I guess I get discouraged reading some of these threads because they >have such negative vibes. Not everything works for everyone all of the >time, but if one person get a benefit from something that works for >someone why do people have to reply "been there done that" as if they >are the last word on a subject. > >I know it is tough to keep a positive attitude but it helps so much more >than negativity. > >I come back to see if someone has some new insight that maybe I haven't >tried. But I wouldn't cast a negative shadow if I did try it and it >didn't work. Who the heck am I to do that. I think sometimes the >saying if you can't say something positive don't say anything at all. > >-- >Donna >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: