PT

Thu Oct 26 06:34:42 2000

Good Morning,

As I read the thread about PT I realize why I tend not to come back to this site as often as I use to. I too have a long history of adhesions and surgery. After my last surgery (the adhesions were back within a week)I realized I had to try something else. I have been working out now 2x a week for 4 months. I still have the adhesion that makes a partical obstruction on a weekly occurance. But I am in better shape so if I do need surgery I will recuperate faster. I also get massage and it has helped. Adhesions are bands of fibrous tissue (yes I have seen them I worked as scrub nurse for 6 years) that I believe can be manuplated. I have less tugging on my incision after massage I also do lots of stretching which I feel does help.

I guess I get discouraged reading some of these threads because they have such negative vibes. Not everything works for everyone all of the time, but if one person get a benefit from something that works for someone why do people have to reply "been there done that" as if they are the last word on a subject.

I know it is tough to keep a positive attitude but it helps so much more than negativity.

I come back to see if someone has some new insight that maybe I haven't tried. But I wouldn't cast a negative shadow if I did try it and it didn't work. Who the heck am I to do that. I think sometimes the saying if you can't say something positive don't say anything at all.

--
Donna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: