Re: Robyne

Sat Oct 21 21:49:02 2000

Dear Bev And Bernie I have posted my history on the Quilt except for the last 12 months and in that time all hell has broken loose.I had a major surgery in March this year for a massive hernia that involved all my bowel.I then went home for about three days when I ended back in here with another blockage.This time it didnt shift so they operated.Then they put me on eight weeks of TPN feeds thruogh the drip and a pic line in my upper arm.After that they realised that the large bowel was definitely not workingso they put in a temperary stoma.I then got these massive abcess around the stoma site .They operated but another and another came so in the end they shifted the stoma to the left side away from the area all together.Because I have to have a huge laporotomy each time(because of the mesh he has put in my abdominal wallto hold it together)he decided to take the large bowel out at the same time so it would save another op later on.He sutuered the small bowel to my rectum so I can have the stoma reversed in a couple of months.However they cannot control the diarhrea and my bowel is not taking nourishment from any of the food I eat.They have tried lots of drugs and diets but so far I am still losing approx. 3-6 litres a day out of my stoma so I cannot go without intravenous fluids.I am suffering froim malnutrition and muscle wasting and cannot walk properly without some form of help.They still dont know whether the giddiness is from the malnutrition or from the very potent antibiotics that I was on(Vancomycin and Gentomycin).I will most likely be going to the Public Hospital so I can learn to look after the TPN feeds and intravenous fluids myself at home.It is a two week program and then HOME.I will know whether I am going on Monday night and if I do go then I will not have my computer for those two weeks.My weight is plummeting everyday.In three weeks I have lost another 9kgs(2.2lbs per kilo).This is on top of the other 22 kilos that I have lost since becoming ill two years ago.My only hope seems these TPN feeds which I may have to stay on for a very long time or for the rest of my life which I'm hoping not.Love always,Robyne.

>----- Original Message -----
From: Bernie and Beverly Doucette <bnb@cybrzn.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 10:09 PM Subject: Re: Robyne

> Dear Robyne..
> What are these surgeries for? What type of surgeries? And why are they
> performing them?
> Was this all for adhesions or what? Is your Dr. an OB/GYN? What is going
on > with so many surgeries??
>
> May GOD keep you safe in his arms, you are so far away from us in miles,
but > you are held close in our hearts and prayers, and GOD makes sure that you
> are kept close as that is one of his jobs..and miles cannot create
distance > when it comes to GOD!! :-)
>
> You take care my dear..and get stronger now...
>
> In friendship
> Bev

>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Robyne Hinks <rhinks@eisa.net.au>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
<adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > Sent: Monday, October 09, 2000 9:41 PM
> Subject: Re: Robyne
>
> > Dear Karla and adhesion friends I am so sorry it has taken so long to
get > > back to all but since the op all has broken loose.I have been in
intesive > > care for two weeks and during that time wentto theatre another four
times > > with aseptic tummy.when they operated they did not close the wound but
> left
> > it open to be packed which was a treadful nightmare.I aso had the other
> huge
> > hole next to it which was where the abcesses were in the beginning.I am
> now
> > so weak I cannot walk without help and have lost another eight kilos(I
> think
> > there is 2.2lbs per kilo).I am now down to 60kgs.I am missing home so
much > > and if I get some strength back then maybe I can go home.I am sorry this
> is
> > so short but my eyes dont focus real well and also thankyou all for your
> > prayers and wishes.It really does make a difference when you know
aother > > people care.Love always Robyne.

>> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: Karla <ifirgit@webcntrl.com>
> > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net>
> > Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 11:51 PM
> > Subject: Robyne
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am just writing to see if anyone has heard from Robyne? I am
praying > > that
> > > she is on her way to recovery.....she has been through so much!
> > > Having been there myself, I know just how difficult this must be for
> her.
> > > Robyne, you are in my thoughts and prayers!
> > >
> > > I am dealing with another kidney infection right now, along with a
> > horrible
> > > cold. I don't think I have had a cold like this in years. It just
> makes
> > > you feel awful. I am on my way to the doctor so will keep this brief.
> > >
> > > Love to all!
> > >
> > > Karla
> > >
> > > to the unsubscribe form at

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > >
> >
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: