Re Leprosy

Fri Oct 13 18:28:19 2000

Dear Verna, I to had a Doctors appointment today, which was a waste of time. I have been on the couch for the last three weeks, with pain in my left groin area and nausea a lot of the time. I am worried that I may have a problem with my bowel. ( Do you think I might have an obstruction? ) My Doc said that I might be getting naushious due to my Hormone R Therapy and gave me no reason for the pain in my groin. I like you feel that there is something wrong here. Were you advised to have a hysterectomy, to cure your adhesions? I was told this and I know some others have been told this as well. I was lucky I had two kids. Others were not so fortunate.

I too have felt like a leper in the past. We have two very good surgeons here where I live. One of them gave me 4 years without pain after surgery and the other gave me nearly 3 years but when my pain came back 3 years ago, neither of them would help me. One of them agreed to see me after my local GP begged him. He said to me that it was a waste of time, that adhesions were incurable and he was not prepared to take the risk of operating. He said every time he operated, he had to cut and repair some of my organs and it was not only dangerous but would be irresponsible of him to operate, knowing it would probably only last 2 or 3 years before they returned and each time they returned they could be worse. I understood his point of view but I said that I would rather have 2 or 3 years now,while I was relatively young, without pain than 10 years with pain. He wrote a letter to me and said no. He wasn't prepared to take the risk. He more or les said that I would have to learn to live with the pain. The other surgeon would not even see me. He told his secretary to tell me sorry he cant help me. I too feel like a leper sometimes.

I know that the first Doctor is right. We cant go on having operations every few years, sooner or later we wont have any organs left,but they should realize that we cant live with this type of pain either, no matter how much pain med we take, the pain is there all the time. It should be our choice, if we want to take the risk of having another operation for our Adhesions. We should be able to ask and not feel like lepers.

This disease is partly their fault, and they should take some responsibility for it, all I ask is that they believe us when we tell them how much it hurts. How it is ruining our lives, and our families and Stop treating us like we have Leprosy.

I hope you are having a better day today than you did yesterday. Good luck with your tests in Stanford next week. I hope you get some relief soon.

Love Kath

PS I hope you have some luck soon Terri as well. My thoughts are with all of you who are going or waiting to go for surgery.

PPS Has anyone heard anything else about Robyne since she was admitted to intensive care the other day? I am very anxious please for information. I pray every day for her.

X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400

Dear Verna, i to had a Doctors apointment today, which was a wast of time. I have been on the couch for the last three weeks, with pain in my left groin area and nausia a lot of the time. I am worried that i may have a problem with my bowel. My Doc said that i might be getting naushious due to my Hormone R Therapy and gave me no reason for the pain in my groin. i like you feel that there is something wrong here.

I too have felt like a leper in the past. We have two very good surgeons here where i live. One of them gave me 4 years without pain after surgery and the other gave me nearly 3 years but when my pain came back 3 years ago, neither of them would help me. One of them agreed to see me after my local GP begged him. He said to me that it was a waste of time, that adhesions were incurable and he was not prepaired to take the risk of operating. He said every time he operated, he had to cut and repair some of my organs and it was not only dangerous but would be irisponsible of him to operate, knowing it would probably only last 2 or 3 years before they returned and each time they returned they could be worse. I understood his point of view but i said that i would rather have 2 or 3 years now,while i was relatively young, without pain than 10 years with pain. He wrote a letter to me and said no. He wasnt prepaired to take the risk. He more or les said that i would have to learn to live with the pain. The other surgeon would not even see me. He told his secretary to tell me sorry he cant help me. i too feel like a leper sometimes.

i know that the first Doctor is right. We cant go on having operations every few years, sooner or later we wont have any organs left,but they should realize that we cant live with this type of pain either, no matter how much pain med we take, the pain is there all the time. It should be our choice, if we want to take the risk of having another operation for our Adhesions. We should be able to ask and not feel like lepers.

This disease is partly their fault, and they should take some responsability for it, all i ask is that they believe us when we tell them how much it hurts. How it is ruining our lives, and our families. Stop treating us like we have L

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: