Re: News UPDATED!!...............................Posted again for Bev.

Sun Oct 8 15:49:42 2000

When WE all start to feel self pity and frustration over our own suffering, know that it is okay to feel that way...BUT, even in the midst of each persons suffering with ARD today, there is one thing that IS evident today that was NOT evident to many of us " Seasoned Veterans of this IAS " and that is this type of support, the education now available, the avenues of how to be self sufficient in learning how to take control of your own medical care based on being an informed consumer on ARD when going to a DR...and most importantly that " YOU Are Not Alone! "

For years folks, I not only thought what I was suffering was rare I was TOLD it was by the MAYO Clinic in Minnesota! They told me that adhesive disease WAS so rare there was nothing that could be done for me anywhere!! Talk about feeling alone, helpless and having NO hope, I fought it hard, yet I was losing the battle and I tend to look back and think a great part of that dying process WAS from those very words from Mayo....BUT lets get to the good stuff here as today there is not only HOPE but there is actual HELP available that has made my life livable and immensely so, and it is available to all who look into this site, as is evident by all the talking and even though there is much desperation, pain , anger and sad story's, I see only the light within this society..and that is that the IAS IS here and that there is so much available through here that it blows my mind!!

I see all the suffering here, we all do, BUT take a moment and think about how life was two years ago....ten years ago, now go back 20 years ago....do those impressions help you deal with your suffering at all, probably not as your suffering is unique to you and it is YOUR suffering, that is understandable, but let me share a story with you that I shared with an IAS member recently and then you might. just might, understand what I am trying to say in all these words...:( I have removed the name of the person I comunicated this story to! )

" Well, thank you for your time in this and taking your time out for me. That is the most amazing thing to me someone actually cares about this. that I am not alone! You are not alone, ****, and it is still NOT hopeless for you, that is good news. To know that what your suffering with DOES have a chance to be corrected is more then people had even two years ago, my dear! I am assisting an 86 year old lady who has suffered so many, many years with chronic abdominal/pelvic pain, surgery after surgery...and now she is in a nursing home. Her daughter called me after finding out about the IAS, we discussed her mothers medications as she is to frail for a surgery. Her family fought on the mothers behalf for the Dr. to place her on pain management even though he was from the " old school " and thought she should simply bear it as she had for so many years!! Well, she has pain, not much relief from it even from medications, BUT...her daughter called me the other day and shared that her mother has finally found some peace and even though she does have pain..she is content to wait to die now because she know she isn't crazy...and THAT alone had offered her some peace within her pain!! And we think we have it bad, we do have a chance to get help for it now...and that is what we will work for now, getting you well, *** !!

Best to all of you and keep working to get well, as it is possible today!!

>----- Original Message -----
From: Chrissy492@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2000 11:00 AM Subject: Re: News UPDATED!!...............................Posted again for Bev.

> Bev,
> When I read your email on the conversation with you and Mr. Wantz, it made me
> cry and it gave me goose bumps.
> I feel for Mr. and Mr. Wantz that there was not a group as us to go to. I
> feel for them that there was not a choice of competent doctors as Dr. Reich
> and Dr. Redan and Germany doctors.
> Thank God NOW there is a place for people to reach out for help. Thank God
> there may be no more thoughts of ending lives and there is no hope. Thank
> God for all on the ADH who give support. Thank God for great doctors and may
> God keep their hands steady and healing for more to come. Amen
> With Love,
> Chrissie ")