Re: Painful bowel movements from Adhesions?

Fri Oct 6 20:48:41 2000

I have had adhesions since a chronic appendix and then rupture. All of my organs are stuck together and I had surgery July 11. A cyst of adhesions was drained, and just 2 weeks after surgery it filled up again. I have always had trouble with bowels, but not had the pain you describe.

First I would suggest telling your surgeon and if he won't listen, tell your family doctor to make sure that nothing more serious is going on. My surgeon told me to live with the pain, but my family doctor said that is not acceptable. She is helping me fight my insurance to have adhesion surgery with Dr. Redan in Scranton. Done by scope, he knows my organs are all stuck together and that I have fluid, and he said he can definitely help me.

Please take care, and don't let the doctors ignore your complaints. You know your own body and you know when something isn't right.

In Friendship,

--
Kathy L.

At Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Annie wrote: > >New to this site and really need some answers! I had a four hour long >laparotomy 3 weeks ago for a left ovarian mass. A complete >oomphorectomy was done along with removal of the mass. My Ob-Gyn told >me I had massive adhesions (probably due to partial hysterectomy 2 years >ago)and that all my organs were "cemented" together. He told me that he >removed most of the adhesions and that if I had to have another surgery, >I would probably end up with a colostomy! My problem now is that >whenever I have a bowel movement >(5-6 times a day, which I never experienced before!!)there is a >tremendous cramping and pulling sensation over my whole abdominal area >from under my ribcage down to my bladder!! Could this be from adhesions >in the upper abdominal area as well?? Has anyone else felt this type of >pain and pulling sensation?? Please advise.... > >Thank you.... > >-- >Annie >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: