What treatment is best for me ?

Fri Aug 25 11:10:43 2000

Well Bev TODAY I plan to go to the pain clinic. My new GYN suggests that then getting off pain meds and hopefully doing some excercise we would be able to pinpoint what is causing my pain. As you know pain pills make you constipated and a constant fight to keep your bowels moving. I know when I am constipated my pelvic pan increases largely. My intestines get inflammed also. He also suggested that the lack of estrogen could be causing my deep vagina pain because of thinning of the vaginal walls. But estrogen causes me horrific pain. Which leads me to believe that there is endo. inside of my pevic ! Only "SEVERAL" Endo. implants were removed during last surgery so he dose not think I have any more. What ever several means. I guess it's not enough ! I think I will continue to to try less invasive treatments. Like the pain clinic. I really think that the pain meds are causing me un-do pain but at the same time I am going to hord some for if the pain clinic leaves me suffering. Not looking forward to the withdrawel- been there done that ! And have a fear that I wo't be able to make it thru the 3 weeks because of intense pelvic pain ! This program cost way to much to not finish. My husband last night really made me mad by asking me that very question. Ho am I suppose to kow if I will be able to finish. He is under the impression that I never follow any of these treatments thru. I think I should have been writing a jounal so I could look back and show him that they were not working ! Granted I did not always do the exercises that were suggested ! But I have excuses for that TOO. Mostly because it was not working, what ever it was.

But then again ! Why not a laporscopic peek ???? Redan said he would be glad to take a look ! It is just so far from Washington and allot of money but so is the pain clinic, allot of money. Ya see the delima going on in my head and my husband. My mind changes several times a day. I know I need to pick a treatent and go with it.

In the past monh I have made things so much worse for myself. First I went off NORTRYPTELENE because I thought maybe it was the cause of my joints hurting so bad and some are better. Then I decided I was sick of my side affects of my anti-depressant and wanted to go on something more natural, SAM-e. So I have had stomach aches, headaches, increased pelvic pain, and yesterday I broke down. Came down hard. Could not quit crying . Thought I should go to psyco ward. But I reached out for help from many doctors and friends when all I wanted to do was take something to knock me out. Needless to say I came off of them to fast and decided to go back on them. Stup-id time to do this but my thoughts were to be free from all medicines when I get out of pain clinic. It was a good thought. My poor family I have put them thru some un-necessary strain for nothing. So I am here to tell you DON'T TRY IT !!!!!!!!! So I am waiting for the pain clinic doc to call me now for 2 weeks and ask some questions. When you don't get those call backs it makes you doubt there whole program. I have heard it is the best in the US. It is at the University of Washington. You stay in a near by Hotel and they take you there every morning by 8 AM . I hope this 80 year old body at only 43 years old can move at that time in the morning. It usually takes me mst of the morning to get going. Ya know ?

Hang in there girlfriends, Jaynie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: