My insurance company

Tue Aug 15 09:01:16 2000

I am very close(by Friday I should know)to getting an appointment for surgery with Dr Redan. My insurance will pay 70% of reasonable charges. Resonable charges are the guidelines the insurance co. goes by. I called Dr Redan's office & found out the surgery will cost $10,000 to $18,000. This amount is only what the Dr charges. It does not include the hospital or anesthsia or any other charges. I am not sure what the insurance company will pay, but I am sure that they will not cover 70% of the surgy cost. I figured up that the very minimum I will have to pay for the surgery (if all of the surgery cost is allowable charges) would be $7,100. Of course, the surgery could easily cost me $10,000 or more! I am not sure that I want to spend that much for surgery. My husband & I are still looking at our choices. We re-read over our insurance booklet. We found that they would cover out of country procedures. We will look into that a lot more. That could mean having surgery with Dr Korell in Germany. It looks like the insurance co would pay 70% of reasonable charges, the same as with Dr Redan. The only thing is the Surgery with Dr Korell starts out less exspensive. I want to explain that my insurance would cover if I had an in-plan surgeon. I would have to pay the Dr. $10.00, the hospial would cost me $100. for out patient surgery or $250 if I had to be admitted. Everything would be included in that. So for out patient surgery would cost me $110. & if I had to be admitted it would cost me $260. I guess, it is the money that is holding me back. I just think of the things I will be depriving my kids of if I spent $7,000 or more on the surgery. I am afraid that we will loose our house. I am sorry to go on like this, but.... Thank you for listening. I guess I just needed to vent. Robin

--
Robin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: