Karla Update

Wed Jul 12 19:11:13 2000

As of 7:30PM, Eastern Time, I spoke with Karla's ICU nurse and have encouraging news. She is progressing quite well after having the respiratory arrest at the beginning of her surgical procedure. Her heart never stopped, just her breathing, which, actually, is good news. She is continuing to communicate by writing to the nurses in the ICU. The plan for tonight is to keep her comfortable and let her rest. Come morning they will begin to lower the supplemental oxygen support. This is a sign of increasing strength on Karla's part. The caring nurse I spoke with is going to relay all the support and prayers that have been offered to her from this site. Please, if you can send a quick note to Karla, for she will need as much encouragement as she can get to stay strong after this setback, please do so. It can be mailed to the address Helen Dynda had on her previous message. Just in case here it is again: Karla Nygren, C/O University of Chicago-Weiss Memorial Hospital, 4646 N. Marine Dr., Chicago, IL, 60640 We continue to keep her lifted up in prayers and I will keep all posted if anything else is learned. In Loving Friendship, Pam Markford

--
In Friendship, Pam Markford  PJtweetyRN@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: