Re: Karla Nygren has regained consciousness.........

Wed Jul 12 17:17:41 2000

Helen.. Please update this letter as information on Karla ...she suffered a " respiratory arrest " in that her airway closed around the intubation tube and a tracheaotomy had to be performed...her nurse " Audry " just called and said that they had just waken Karla in the ICU as SHE wanted to make sure karla was at least able to move her limbs...and she IS moving her hands and feet, she was cognative and understood everything...she was able to write a note ...she asked if there would be no more surgery's for herself..and they told her the truth...no more surgeries ever! Karla simply closed her eyes tightly and asked that I be called to update her condition and share it with all of you..she WILL make it though this thing....

Karla was very close to death the nurse shared...and Karla now knows that she has lost all hope in getting well from ARD...BUT WE all can rally around her now and show support. love and offer her that as a future ..a future filled with our love and our prayers...that we can do for our dear Karla!!

At this time there is not a plan in effect as to where she goes from here...but we will deal with today, with Karla still with us...and that is good enough for me right now!!!

All messages can be forwarded to Karla via the ICU nurses station @ 1-773-564-5200 NO flowers can be sent to ICU..so we will have to wait on that..but cards can sure be sent...along with well wished messages that can be taken into her room. I am not sure if I am to give out that number..but what I DO know is that Karla needs to hear from her " family !! "

>----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 4:25 PM Subject: Karla Nygren has regained consciousness.........

At 1:06 PM ( CDT ) Bev notified me that, " Karla has regained consiousness and recognizes everyone, from what her sister Sue tells me. She should be home sometime next week ....and she will never be able to have another surgery. That is all I have right now."

Later by phone Bev told me that in the process of intubating Karla ( anesthesia ) for surgery, Karla had a cardiac arrest; so unfortunately Karla's surgery for today did not take place!!

Karla is in the Intensive Care Unit at the University of Chicago-Weiss Memorial Hospital; and the important issue is that she is expected to recover from this attempt at surgery today. Bev said, " Karla is in need of prayer more then I ever realized!!!!! "

It is expected that Karla will be in the hospital for at least a week. It is now, International Adhesions Society members and friends, that Karla is going to need our prayers, our Get Well wishes...and most of all our encouragement and support!!

Until I have been giving a different address for Karla, her address is:

Karla Nygren University of Chicago-Weiss Memorial Hospital 4646 N. Marine Drive Chicago, IL 60640

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: