Re: Dateline - Feature on Chronic Pelvic Pain

Mon Jul 3 17:37:26 2000

Every day it is then. What other sources are you sending it to?

--
Marla

-----Original Message----- From: Renee Madron <1renee2@gte.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Date: Monday, July 03, 2000 1:09 PM Subject: Re: Dateline - Feature on Chronic Pelvic Pain

>If each of us, on a daily basis, send dateline and other news sources, >our story in full text along with site addresses of information, they >may in fact take a look into this disease. You know, after a while they >may get tired of seeing the information and may, may just open up this >tremendous can of worms for the public, only to appease us. There is >enough of us in this society to spark the interest of many, if there is >a willingness to step forward. I am all for whatever it takes to bring >attention to the cause. > >LNewman@milbank.com wrote: > >> >> The reason, as always, does not have anything (in my opinion) to do >> with surgery; quite the opposite, they believe that if this thing got >> exposure, people that do not have it will jump on the bandwagon and >> start to file for disability, workman's comp., and the list goes on. >> Does anyone remember carpal tunnel (sp?) syndrome? As with anything >> "new" they always fear that it will turn into this black hole and it >> is time that we organize and put competent, skilled and knowledgeable >> people on programs that count to state our true plight, show examples >> by having someone from every stage of the pain (from mild to severe >> cases) and hear or have read aloud, patients for whom pain meds are >> either denied or given but in very low dosage. Put people that "do >> not look sick" as we just read about that statement, along with people >> that look like they are going to drop out at any given moment. I had >> already suggested a visit to Congress (just like Michael J. Fox did), >> have an affair of some sort, get some endorsements, and lastly, ask to >> speak at drs.' conventions all over the world. Come on now, there are >> MORE than enough of us to cover the entire US of A, and all of us here >> on earth have a purpose, if you haven't found yours yet, you have >> now. Why can't each and every one of us start a support group in your >> neighborhood and tie into a group in each state. Heck, if Avon can go >> worldwide, why can't we? >> >> All I am saying is this, if we don't do it for ourselves, who will? >> >> -----Original Message----- >> From: mhaya0902@aol.com [SMTP:mhaya0902@aol.com] >> Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 12:34 AM >> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS >> Subject: Dateline - Feature on Chronic Pelvic Pain >> >> I have just finished watching DATELINE, and one of >> the featured segments concerned a woman who suffered >> chronic pelvic pain and the cause seemed to be related >> to a buried varicose vein in the pelvis. It seems an >> M.D. in Johns Hopkins is able to block some of the >> culprit veins, and has brought about pain relief for >> some women. >> I was disturbed by the fact that Dr. Arnat(sp?) >> listed other pelvic pain causative factors including >> endo., but as usual, no mention of adhesions as a possible >> problem. I would suggest that perhaps DATELINE needs >> to hear from some of us. Research is based on monetary >> return, and I am convinced the amount of money spent on barrier >> research >> will be dependent on the perception that there is a huge need. >> If >> varicose veins can get some >> recognition, why is there such hesitancy to feature the >> adhesion issue? Why is this issue always getting bypassed? >> Is it because of the link to surgery? I wonder.... >> Anne H. >> >> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm >> >> This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential >> >> information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee >> >> or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended >> recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, >> distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. >> >> If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify >> the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer. >> >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: