Re: Dateline - Feature on Chronic Pelvic Pain

Mon Jul 3 12:59:44 2000

PS - I have just sent a note to Dateline. I will let you know what I hear back.

--
Marla

-----Original Message----- From: Marla <onery1@soltec.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Date: Monday, July 03, 2000 12:33 PM Subject: Re: Dateline - Feature on Chronic Pelvic Pain

>Well the thing I really don't understand is why heart surgery patients and >back surgery patients do recieve Seprafilm (or the barrier method of the >doctor's choice) on a regular basis but hysterectomy patients DON'T. Does >anyone have any facts on this? I'm basing this on research I've done on >adhesions and I don't have the energy to delve into the realms of heart, >back surgery. > >Marla > >-----Original Message----- >From: Natalie Shook <airportss@redshift.com> >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> >Date: Monday, July 03, 2000 10:01 AM >Subject: Re: Dateline - Feature on Chronic Pelvic Pain > >>Anne, >>I have to agree with you, I think adhesions are not mentioned due to the >>surgery connection. There would certainly be a great number of questions >>raised by other patients like you and I who suffer daily with increasing >>pain. I am sure there would also be more time consuming ( therefore profit >>reducing) procedures put in place used in surgery if enough of us raise >some >>awareness. I think it is time to get noisy ( dateline etc.) and possibly >>save other poor souls from unnecessary pain. >>I think you wrote me previously to this posting.......we live in the same >>general area. >>I am still waiting to have my CT scan in a few weeks before they decide >what >>their next plan is. >>Take care, >>Natalie

>>>----- Original Message ----- >>From: Anne Hayashi <mhaya0902@aol.com> >>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> >>Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2000 9:34 PM >>Subject: Dateline - Feature on Chronic Pelvic Pain >> >>> I have just finished watching DATELINE, and one of >>> the featured segments concerned a woman who suffered >>> chronic pelvic pain and the cause seemed to be related >>> to a buried varicose vein in the pelvis. It seems an >>> M.D. in Johns Hopkins is able to block some of the >>> culprit veins, and has brought about pain relief for >>> some women. >>> I was disturbed by the fact that Dr. Arnat(sp?) >>> listed other pelvic pain causative factors including >>> endo., but as usual, no mention of adhesions as a possible >>> problem. I would suggest that perhaps DATELINE needs >>> to hear from some of us. Research is based on monetary >>> return, and I am convinced the amount of money spent on barrier research >>> will be dependent on the perception that there is a huge need. If >>> varicose veins can get some >>> recognition, why is there such hesitancy to feature the >>> adhesion issue? Why is this issue always getting bypassed? >>> Is it because of the link to surgery? I wonder.... >>> Anne H. >>> >> >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: