Re: Laprascopy complications question

Tue May 23 10:34:56 2000

> I am scheduled for laproscopic adhesiolysis on June 8. My surgeon told
> me that she will inflate my abdominal cavity with CO2 gas so she will
> have space to work. In speaking with someone who has had the same
> experience I was told that the CO2 was very unpleasant when they came
> out of the surgery.

I have had 4 laproscopies and it depends on how good the surgeon is on getting the gas back out. Ask her to do her best and take her time "sucking" that gas back out. I have only had major pain once when I think the surgeon didn't take as much time because I had only a few minutes of minor shoulder pain before. I also had no pain with the last two as far as the gas is concerned. They might not be able to get it all out, but they can get most of it if they try.

>
> Can some of the posters to this message board give me their experiences
> on problems, complications, or negative side effects with laproscopy? I
> will still have the surgery but
> I would like to be prepared for whatever might come. I have had enough
> medical surprises lately.

It really depends on what kind of work is done. The one I had done specifically for adhesions wasn't that bad but except for the one attached to the bowel, there really weren't any in senstive locations. Others, both men and women that I know who have had laps for various medical procedures have not had any problems. I remember that one person I know who had a lap for removing his gall bladder was home in a day and out working in the yard the next. But in his case, he didn't have any adhesions, which are what can cause the problems in your case.

Sue Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: