From: Helen Chalmers (
Tue Mar 28 10:22:22 2000

Three months ago I had a total abdominal hysterectomy, and have suffered in severe pain ever since. Just two weeks ago my ob/gyn told me he sent my CT scan to a different radiologist and she diagnosed it as my having adhesions. O.K. now what? My ob/gyn told me that this would be my last week of pain meds. Need to figure out a better way to deal with the pain. Well, I just don't know how to deal with extreme pain. He has referred me to a general surgeon. I am not optimistic about this, because in reading all that I can about adhesions, it seems most general surgeons don't understand them very well. Can anyone tell me what kind of doctor I should see, or if anyone knows of a good surgeon who is experienced in adhesions in the Baltimore, Maryland area. I don't think I can live without the pain meds, which will stop next week (just because, my doctor, thinks I need to find an alternative method then to take them). I'd like to see him live with adhesions. Any HELP would certainly be appreciated.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: