Re: Jessica

Tue Mar 28 07:29:31 2000

Toni, I have had a total of 6 surgeries, but 2 of those were c sections. I don't know what to tell you about more surgery. Maybe if you can ask your doctor to give you the names of some of his patients he has used the seprafilm on and if you could talk to them directly that would help. But each of us are so different it's still taking a chance. I agreed to my last surgery when I was unable to work, cook, clean or do anything but lay on my blue recliner and watch movies and the home shopping network! I felt I had to try to get my life back. I too have thought about going outside the state maybe to New York. My sweet husband has said we will get a 2nd mortgage or do whatever we have to do. But I still want to see if my doctor can refer me and the insurance should pay for it since there is no one here that seems to know what they are doing. I'm so glad that we have this forum. No matter how they try, my family, friends and co workers just have no idea what I am going through. It is especially difficult to find doctors that understand, or care, what we are going through. When it comes to deciding whether to have more surgery or not I find myself thinking, am I being brave and taking a chance to get my life back or am I subjecting myself to more problems in the future and making a desperate decision? I am feeling a little better today and I am going to go shopping and do some gardening while I can. At least this makes me appreciate every simple task I can do! Take care and I'll say a prayer for you. Jessica

toni welsh wrote:

> How many surgeries have you had all together?
> Mine have been in a period of over 23 years, but alot of them since 96.
> Are you condidering more? I am at the point where I want to go through a
> surgery now, but I continue to pull away. It is too scary to take a
> chance to end up with more scar tissue. My GI dr did tell me though
> that he thought there would be a better chance with the barrier
> seprafilm, all they ever tried on me was Interceed.
>
> I am just so tired of not being able to do the things I like to do, let
> alone the things I have to do. I have been in alot of pain, and in
> tears since I went to help my husband at the flea market Saturday, but I
> am just not ready to give up the things I love to do. We have to live.
>
> At times I think about traveling out of state for the surgery, like to
> Atlanta, or somewhere, but it seems like a total hassle with insurance
> to get it all together, there has to be SOMEONE in our cities who can
> help us, and believe that ARD is terribly painful. Someone HAS to
> listen!
>
> Take care, Toni
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: