Re: Recovery Time

Wed Mar 15 12:46:20 2000

Susan, I had a diagnostic laparoscopy August 1997 at which time the surgeon lysed massive adhesions which had attached my omentum to my abdomen. I remember what an easy recovery time that was for me (about 2 weeks) as compared to the laparotomy I had in 1970 (about 6 months).

Adhesions are the way the body heals itself following a surgical procedure. Dr. Lyons is internationally recognized as being one of the best laparoscopists. Even he cannot guarantee that adhesions will not return or new adhesions develop. With Dr. Lyons as your surgeon, I am sure that you will have the best chance to become as adhesion-free as possible.

Best wishes to you for a successful surgery on April 7th!

At Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Susan wrote:

I had a TAH,BSO,appendectomy 5/26/99.I have had discomfort since then under right rib cage.I am having Lap on 4/7 to rule out gallbladder disease and to remove adhesions.Both are expert in their field.In Atlanta a Dr,Lyons will be removing adhesions.My question is how long a recovery time can I expect?I don't mean in terms of pain,as I have been uncomfortable for a year now I mean in terms of going back to work.I am a dental hygienist and I sit all day so no heavy labor.I am hoping to go back in a week.I know this is the place to go to ask this question.Everyone sounds like an expert in having adhesions.Also what are chances if Dr, really knows what he is doing one surgery will get them all?Thanks in advance.Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: