Re: Adhesions - which attach bowel to liver

Mon Jan 17 13:36:45 2000

I have heard of a number of ARD sufferers who have had or currently have this type of adhesional attachments. I do know that they were successfuly lysed during the adhesiolysis and that the surgery's that are pending with this type of attachment doesn't seem to be raising any red flags as this attachment. I also know that eben though the liver is a highly vascular organ, it is also highly resilient in it's healing process.

The pain associated with this type of attachment can also run into the diaphragm being involved and this would cause pain on breathing and even pain radiating into the shoulders and back.

If yo look at the vidoes, helen, you will be able to see the liver in video #3...no adhesional involvement with it, but visible non the less, you will see the proximity of the intestines and the liver....ok?

Hope that help some! Bev

>----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda <olddad66@runestone.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Monday, January 17, 2000 1:48 PM Subject: Adhesions - which attach bowel to liver

> Have you had or do you have adhesions which have attached your liver to
> your bowels?
>
> Have you had surgery to release these adhesions? If so, was this surgery
> successful? If so, please share your experience here.
>
> I am asking these questions in behalf of a lady who has written to me
> about her experience with this kind of adhesion problem.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: