Re: Neurontin

Wed Dec 22 09:35:28 1999

Thanks for the advice, Tina! I'm hoping it will be of help to me (as well as others)...

Karen

------Original Message----- -From: adhesions@obgyn.net [mailto:adhesions@obgyn.net]On Behalf Of Tina -Shelby -Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 1999 8:14 AM -To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS -Subject: Re: Neurontin - -Hi Karen, - -Neurontin is usually given when it is thought that some form of peripheral -nerve damage or entrappment is present. Based on the distribution of the -pain you describe, it sounds like the gento-femoral nerve has been -entrapped -or damaged. If that is the case, you will find the neurontin very helpful -with your pain. - -However, the med. must be increased gradually because of the somnolence. -Usually they will start you out at a low dose and gradually increase it as -tolerated until you get some level of pain relief and can tolerate the side -effects. It also causes dry mouth, constipation, and dizziness. Other side -effects can occur, but these are the most common ones. We must keep in mind -that any drug can cause any side effect, so let your MD know what you -experience. Also, I would like to note that some MDs recommend not stopping -Neurontin abruptly, but should be weaned. - -good luck with it and let us know how you do on it. - -Tina -

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: