Re: Chronic Pelvic Pain, adhesions, and now a hysterectomy

Sat Dec 11 10:04:19 1999

Hi, Just so you know you're not alone, I had the same problems and experience as you. I had a LAVH and was told it would fix my pelvic pain problems and heavy bleeding, etc. They suspected adenmyosis (which was correct) and adhesions from PID (also correct). I also had cysts all over my ovaries which were bursting alot. I expected those to be removed also but they weren't during that 1st surgery, this past August. They spent 5 hours in surgery removing my adhesions before they could even get to my uterus to remove it. I was a mess and they could not believe I could have found sex very enjoyable, but I did! It had started to hurt the few months before the surgery though. Anyway after the LAVH, I was still in alot of pain, I did not get the immediate relief of pain that some adhesions sufferers mention they got. So within 4 weeks I had a 2nd surgery to remove the cysts, ovaries and tubes, plus more adhesions from an old surgery in my upper right abdomen (gallbladder removal) and also NEW adhesions that had grown when they did the LAVH! I again felt NO relief from pain after the surgeries, both done laprascopically. In fact I felt MORE pain than I had before the surgeries. I had a real problem with that since neither had done anything to improve my quality of life--and have yet to! I'm having more problems now than I ever had before surgery. I'm having bowel failures, stomach problems, abdominal pains I never had before, pelvic pain and pain with sex. All the tests they do come out negative so no one knows why I hurt, or what to do about it. I'm going in the hospital Monday for MORE procedures/tests on bowels and stomach, and hoping they at least find something so I can get a Dx and relief! If they don't find anything, I'm stuck at square one only it's worse now than it was before the surgeries. So hang in there, hope you feel better and get some relief and answers yourself. Hugs, Gina

At Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Dani wrote: >
>Hi All.
>
>Well, I'm new to the forum. I'm Dani. I'm 23, and have had chronic
>pelvic pain for 8 yrs. I just recently had a TAH-BSO (total abdominal
>hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy) 3 weeks ago. It was
>determined that at this time I was covered in adhesions. I had had a
>laparoscopic procedure in April and had some adhesions back then, but it
>was ten times worse this time when they performed my hysterectomy.
>
>I had my hysterectomy after being told that it was my best chance to be
>as pain free as possible. However, I was also told it could possibly
>not do anything for the chronic pelvic pain either. The hyst was the
>last option, last resort. I was glad for that cuz I certainly didn't
>want to go that route if I didn't have to. But in the end, I didn't
>have other choice but to have it done. I was in so much pain and I was
>miserable.
>
>I was feeling pretty good for a couple days, and now I'm having the same
>old familiar pelvic pains that keep me up and walking at night. I am so
>frustrated. I wasn't expecting immediate results or anything, but I
>didn't think it would be this bad. The doc says it's supposed to get
>better and I'm wondering when? What if it doesn't? Then what do you do?
>I'm trying not to worry, but it has me scared.
>
>Anyway, I go back to the doctor next week for another check up. It will
>be a month next week since I had my hysterectomy. I do hope things will
>get better, I really do, cuz I don't think much else can be done.
>
>Thanks for letting me vent.
>
>--
>Dani
>age 23
>married w/ no kids
>chronic pelvic pain + adhesions for 8 yrs
>TAH-BSO 11/17/99
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: