the answer to my prayers!

Thu Dec 2 13:07:13 1999

Hello all, I haven't posted for ages, but read all the postings every day. I had a really rough weekend two weeks ago, and was started on Oramorph solution which really has been the answer to my prayers. It is liquid morphine. I now feel in control of my pain instead of it being the other way round. The pain is not away completely, but is much more bearable. I go for surgery next Wednesday for division of my adhesions, and for removal of an ovarian cyst and the remainder of the little bit of ovary that I have left. I'm sure that you'll all understand when I say that in many ways I can't wait for the op, although in other ways I'm terrified! I've tried really hard to distract myself from pain, by continuing to work. The problem is then that people then don't believe that you are any pain and think that everything is fine. Mind over matter is great in theory, hard in practice! I do think that distraction of any sort really does help though. Love to everyone, and thanks for sharing your experiences. On a hard day, I can't wait to read how everyone has got on that day - the forum is so helpful! Jenny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: