New adhesions?

Tue Nov 16 08:55:17 1999

Hi all, Well I'm starting to really wonder if I'm not actually feeling an adhesion, is that possible? Anyway, I had my last surgery 8 weeks ago now. I had 6 lap incisions in abdomen and pelvic area. I've been feeling pretty good the past couple weeks as far as pain in pelvic/abdomen (nil). I've had serious constipation since that surgery though and last week it switched to diahrea. On Friday night I went out dancing for the 1st time and it felt great, no pain...til 2 days later. My lower left abdomen and pelvic area hurts to touch, throbs, and there's a pulling sensation. The pain starts about 2 inches above and to the left (hipbone area) of the left pelvic incision and goes up almost to my ribcage. If I lie in bed on my left side, it feels like I am laying on something sharp enough to hurt. I keep moving around trying to get comfortable, eventually fall asleep with a dull pain there (I sleep on that side). I have had a very low grade temp off and on, no cramping in bowels, but have had loose stools for over a week now. Had mucous in beginning but not now, no blood, etc. My lymph nodes and glands are all swollen as they have been since the surgery, my flu hasn't went away even after 4 & 1/2 weeks (as a matter of fact it's worse, coughing and sinuses are worse now). I'm wondering: could the pain in LL hip and abdomen be an adhesion I can actually feel? Or could a staple have come lose from my ligament and the staple is poking me and the ligament is causing pain? (I had staples to re-attach my ligaments after my LAVH hysterectomy). The pain is not bad enough to take a pain pill, and is intermittent (or I should say I don't pay attention to it all of the time). I have rubbed it a little and it hurts wherever I touch it. Like a bruise--but there's no bruise there. I'm reluctant to start seeing docs again, since most of the time they don't do anything for me anyway :( Gina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: