Cranial sacral therapy, it's working for me!

Thu Nov 11 19:37:09 1999

I just wanted to let you all in on something that has really helped me. Has anyone tried this? I'm going to a physical therapist referred to me by my pain clinic doctor. This lady has been a GODSEND! She is a physical therapist who specializes in fascial release. I have severe problems with nerve damage from various surgeries in my pelvic cavity and groin and found out that alot of my secondary pain was due to the fascia, which is the strong stuff holding the muscles together which becomes stuck down from having surgery or from guarding yourself because of the pain. This fascia is also the same stuff that's really tough and thin in between a roast beef. I guess it can hold 2000lbs of pressure and it's all interconnected in the body. When this gets all stuck down in the abdomen, it can cause all kinds of terrible pain and also sends everything else in the body off whack.Even my hips are out of place because it's preventing my hips from shifting. She explains this like..... if you put fingernail polish on a run in your pantyhose and then the polish sticks to the leg and pulls on the rest of the hose. This is what it does in your body until all kinds of fascial tissue is all stuck down. She has worked on me for about 2 months now 3 times a week and has worked miracles! I finally don't feel like something is squeezing my intestines anymore. I can sit up straight now without feeling like someone is in there tugging on my organs. She's got me to the point where i'm doing exercises in the gym under careful watch with the therapists and also at home. IT's changed my LIFE! Although i still have nervepain from damaged nerves, i can say that at least my quality of life has improved through this. So, it's worth a try if you can find one that insurance covers like mine does because it is therapy and not just alternative therapy. If anyone has any questions, please give me an email. I probably won't be checking on this web often as i'm on other chronic pain lists as well so please just email me at PennieJo@aol.com. If you'd like to check out the website for the place that trains people like my PT, just do a search for the Upledger institute and call their number. They will send you a booklet that tells of all the therapists that use this technique in the world. I think it's like $10.00 but it's worth it if they can help you. Just thought i'd give a little back : ) Blessings, Pennie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: