Re: Problems with fiber and juicing.

Sat Oct 9 11:37:50 1999

Ginny, **A juicer is a great idea for those who need to stay away from foods that are high in fiber! Scroll down for other comments.

>At Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Ginny King wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>A while back we got on the subject of intolerence to high fiber foods.
>As fruits and veggies are such an important part of our diet and health,
>many of us with fiber intolerence lack the nutritional benefits of both
>of these. The pain in the bowels after eating these foods had caused me
>to remove them almost entirely from my diet. So I have bought a juicer
>and started extracting the juice from many different fruits and veggies
>that I had not eaten for many years. So far the results have been good
>(no pain and I had seen an increase in my energy level) and I have been
>able to tolerate carrots, spinach, celery, oranges, apples and peaches
>and hope to add more.

>Juicing is not for everyone as you will retain the nutrients from the fruit when >you drink the juice..."

**Ginny, can you clarify what you mean here? I am confused. You said, "...you will retain the nutrients from the fruit..." Don't you mean "from the fruit and vegetables?

>to continue, you said, "...but you do remove almost all of the fiber and for most >people and those with IBS this would not be healthy."

**Fiber is necessary for most people; but for people with IBS are you saying juicing would not be healthy for people who have IBS?

>Also the juice is certainly not calorie free, and if you have blood sugar problems >you would need to watch what you drink. But for those of us with a tendancy >towards obstructions (from adhesions or other diseases) it might be a viable >option to add back some vitamins as well as some variety to our diets. Just a >thought.

**Juicing is an excellent suggestion - not only for those with obstruction problems but also for anyone. Vitamins are so important in our diets!

>Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend. Ginny

--
The 15th century proverb which summarizes the purpose of medicine is:
* To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always. *

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: