>problems, I went to the doctor, and he tested my my FSH and another
>level only to find out that they were low so he ran more detail blood
>work, which shows more. The other test came back normal the doctor said
>that it is the time in the cycle. I would suggest that you call your
>doctor and see if he will test your levels. I wanted to know if you
>have looked up on the internet about the medication and could it be
>causing it? Have you notice you had them at one part of the month and
>not the other or are the hot flashes there all the time? I hope you find
>out what is going on with you. Take care......

Hi! I had my FSH level done in January, which was when it was "9" I think. I know it showed "non-menopausal" levels. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with having a normal (meaning non-menopausal in this case) level and then later an elevated level. I wondered about how quickly that could happen. (Go from non-menopausal to menopausal levels of FSH) I started taking the celebrex on July 17th and noticed the hot flashes probably the end of that month (not mid August as I posted earlier). They could have been occurring before then, I'm not sure, we've had a very hot summer so I may not have noticed. When I did notice them, I thought of the drug and checked the side effects, and sure enough, hot flushes are one of them, but not one of the most common. They are not listed as a side effect of celebrex on the website that Helen provided. But I have been off celebrex for 12 days now and the hot flashes continue at the same intensity. I have no idea where in my cycle I am because I had a hysterectomy. This is the problem. The FSH test is the only thing I have to determine the need for estrogen replacement. I'm not sure that they will treat you for hot flashes (with estrogen) if the FSH does not show menopausal levels.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: