Saw the surgeon today regarding adhesions

Mon Aug 30 17:46:34 1999

Well, I saw the surgeon today regarding adhesions. He doubted that the right side, burning tearing pain that I am experiencing is caused by the Crohn's, but when I am in an active state of inflammation, all pain gets worse including adhesions as the tolerance level of the patient is so low. He didn't seem to have much of anything to say regarding surgery as an option and stated that many doctors now believe that because the pain can come back so quickly after surgery that they have done nothing to help the patient and that the temporary relief one feels is from the residual effects of the anesthesia and pain medication given after surgery. He also indicated that when a doctor takes down adhesions the best they hope for is that they will reform in a different configuration that might not cause the pain the patient was in before. He is going to get with my PCP and GI and thinks we might should try a pain management clinic. At least he semed sympathetic and indicated that no one should have to continue in pain. He said that it is a shame but only recently has the medical profession really started to focus on pain manegement. I don't know if he is correct or not and left feeling more confused than ever. I have experienced some relief in the inflammation type symtoms from the medication the GI gave me for the Crohn's but the "other" pain that I have is just as bad and I just don't know what to do. I know we all could use just one day that we wake up pain free. I don't know what that feels like anymore as it's been so long. I know you all understand. Best wishes. Ginny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: